Dr. Brent Brotzman – Orthopedic Surgeon Austin Texas
Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
S. BRENT BROTZMAN, M.D.,PA
Nationally Recognized Austin Orthopaedic Surgery Author
Dr. Brotzman is the author of 4 best selling medical textbooks with Elsevier/Mosby/Harcourt entitled Clinical Orthopaedic Rehabilitation, Handbook of Clinical Orthopaedic Rehabilitation, Clinical Orthopaedic Rehabilitation, Second Edition and Clinical Orthopaedic Rehabilitation, Third Edition. These textbooks cover orthopaedic treatment and rehabilitation of fractures and sports injuries of the knee, shoulder, foot and ankle. These books are distributed internationally and have been translated in seven languages.
Dr. Brotzman does not treat injuries of the spine or cases involved in any form of litigation.
Austin Knee Surgeon – Dr. Brent Brotzman’s Qualifications
- Former Division I University team physician for men’s and women’s athletics at Texas A&M – Corpus Christi (4 years).
- Clinical Assistant Professor – UT San Antonio Health Science Center – Dept. of Orthopaedics, responsible for teaching orthopaedic surgery residents in training.
- Assistant Professor – Texas A&M University Health Science Center – Dept. of Pediatrics, responsible for teaching pediatric residents in training.
- Adjunct Professor – Department of Kinesiology – Texas A&M – Corpus Christi.
- Clinical instructor for the Family Practice Residency Programs at UT – San Antonio Health Science Center, Bay Area Medical Center, and Christus – Memorial Trauma Center.
- Dr. Brent Brotzman is a Phi Beta Kappa and Magna cum Laude graduate of The University of Texas at Austin. He received his MD from Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas. He graduated top ten in his med school class, with awards for being the most outstanding plastic surgery medical student and the most outstanding general surgery medical student.
- Dr. Brotzman completed five years of orthopaedic surgery residency with the Campbell Clinic at the University of Tennessee Orthopaedic Surgery Program. The Campbell Clinic is the origin of the nationally recognized operative textbook Campbell’s Operative Orthopaedics. He also completed an additional fellowship in Lower Extremity Injuries at the Campbell Clinic.
- Dr. Brotzman is the author of three best selling medical textbooks with Elsevier/Mosby/Harcourt entitled Clinical Orthopaedic Rehabilitation, Handbook of Clinical Orthopaedic Rehabilitation, and Clinical Orthopaedic Rehabilitation, Second Edition. These textbooks cover orthopaedic treatment and rehabilitation of fractures and sports injuries of the knee, shoulder, foot and ankle. These books are distributed internationally and have been translated in seven languages.
- He is also a chapter co-author in Orthopaedic Knowledge Update: Sports Medicine entitled “Sports Injuries of the Foot and Ankle” which is published by the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. This textbook is written by the Academy to update orthopaedic surgeons on the latest operative techniques and advances.
- He was a weekly sports medicine consultant for ABC’s South Texas affiliate, KIII, for 4 years. His weekly T.V. segment covered common sports injuries and othopaedic topics.